Without a doubt, this is the first thing that comes to mind when considering artificial grass, and, unfortunately, there is not just one right answer. There are a variety of different factors that can affect the overall price, which is why we encourage you to contact us for a complimentary estimate.
Do not let the overall cost of the installation overwhelm you. Remember, artificial grass, like any home improvement project, is an investment that will increase your home value and pay for itself over time. Yes, the installation of synthetic turf is significantly higher than natural grass or even sod, but you will not have to continuously reseed to keep your lawn lush. Artificial grass is a one-time investment into your home that pays for itself in only three to five years.
How Much Money Do I Save With Artificial Grass?
Take a look at our financial comparison between artificial turf and natural grass to see just how much you can come out ahead:
Natural grass installation cost:
- Installing 2,500 square feet of natural grass with sprinkler system = $6,100
Annual maintenance Costs:
- Water bill: $125 x 6 months = $750
- Mowing: 23 times per season = $575
- Aeration: once per season = $100
- Fertilizing: four times per season = $200
- Weed kill: four times per season = $200
- Power rake: once per season = $125
- Winterize sprinkler system: $125
- Sprinkler system repairs: $150
Total annual maintenance cost: $2,225
With the initial expenses and the annual maintenance, a 2,500 square foot natural lawn will cost a total of $39,475 after 15 years. Installing 2,500 square feet of synthetic grass has no annual maintenance expenses and will pay for itself in three to five years.
If you still have questions out how much artificial grass will cost, call us for a complimentary estimate.